Come one, come all to the Huna Traditional Food Fair! We guarantee family fun and lots of food for everyone!
When : September 8th, 11AM
Where : Canoe Shed
We are putting together a a great event on September 8th to celebrate food, partnership, culture, and community. Whether you are reading this in email or seeing it on Facebook I hope you click and check it out!
- 11:00 am: Fair begins!
- Vendors and Info booths open
- Kids Games! Bean Bag Toss and Cakewalk
- Judging for the cooking competition
- Adult dance group performances
- Mount Fairweather Dancers
- Deer stew and dessert provided.
- Children’s dance performance
- HNFP Food distribution
- Prizes announced for cooking competition!
- Closing Announcements & Acknowledgements
3 Ways to Participate in the Day
- Craft and Food Vendors – Sell your wares and your food! Raise money for yourself or for a cause! The only fee is to donate something to the door prizes. (See Miakah’s contact information below.)
- Food Competitors! Compete for the best Seal Grease, Baked Halibut, Deer Ribs, or Berry Dessert. Generous prizes in each category. Contact Miakah!
- Volunteer – We can always use help! Let us know if you are able to bake cakes, run a game, help setup, cook, or clean.
- Attend – Bring your family and friends! Come support your fellow community members!
Miakah Nix or Ian Johnson
945-3545 ext 140
Stop by the HIA building on Roosevelt
The Hoonah Native Forest Partnership Crew and local youth have been picking and preparing food for distribution to our elders and community. We’ll have fire weed jelly, jarred fish, canned beach asparagus, pickled beach asparagus, and blueberries on hand! If you see our TRAYLS or HNFP crew tell them thanks!
Learn more in this blog post written by Miakah Nix : Click Here
This project wouldn’t be possible without the time and funding from our partners!
Be the first to comment