Hoonah can benefit tremendously from a greenhouse. That’s what 5 Hoonah residents learned during a trip to Prince of Wales to learn about the biomass linked greenhouses they operate there. The POW greenhouses create a boost to their economy, to their school, to their kids, to their families, and to the community. Learn about greenhouse systems and be a part of the discussion.
You are all invited to an event of community intrigue.
When : October 6th 6 – 8PM
Where : HIA Community Building
- Potato bar with local potatoes prepared by Kristi Styers
- Presentation on POW greenhouses and how we could bring it to Hoonah.
- Workshops to help you learn about greenhouses
- More food! Learn how to make spinach and wild blueberry smoothies with locally grown ingredients.
- Brainstorm the challenges and needs of a Hoonah greenhouse
Our goal is to have 50 people attend this event, so I hope you are one of them! If you are receiving this is email for through our newsletter, please spread the word by forwarding to a few friends!
For those on Facebook, please follow along with the event at : https://goo.gl/iJoeJm to stay in touch